Tuesday 16 February 2016

Oh my poor neglected blog

Yes, I seem to have turned into one of those bloggers...


But I have been doing this for 10 years now and I guess there is only so much to write about.


Life has settled down for the moment, work is steady and  a little more taxing than it used to be, meaning that the breaks that I used to use to write now tend to be spent trying to escape from my PC!


So there is not much to say today.


It is foggy outside, which I like.  Not the obvious thing for a cyclist to say, I guess, but I find that it slows the cars down and generally makes the journey more enjoyable.


Mrs RC is about to reach one of those birthdays, so to celebrate we are having a family day in London.  Number One Son will be joining us from Uni too, which will make the day even more special.  We will be visiting a couple of shops that we have wanted to go to for a while, maybe a market or 2, wrapping the day up with a meal in China Town.  Looking forward to it immensely!


Oh, and I have another Star Wars tournament at the weekend.  I now have so many ships that I am at a total loss as to which ones I should use.  So many options.  I will probably go with the ones I like most rather than the ones that I think are tough - my usual approach to things, which probably explains why I am poor and happy!


Hope to see you all soon!  I will be playing blog catch up later today, I promise!

10 comments:

Shammickite said...

A day in London sounds like a great day..... I haven't spent a whole day wandering in London for years. Of course, I live in Canada so I don't get to England very often, and when I do, I seem to be visiting relatives. I remember taking my sons to London on the train, they were 16 and 8, and feeding pigeons in Trafalgar Square, going on a double decker bus to the Tower, walking over Tower bridge, having dinner in a pub on the South side of the river somewhere, also going to Hamlyns toy shop. 6 floors of toys I think.
My grandson will be 8 this week , he loves Star Wars so it looks like I will be doing some Star Wars shopping.

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

My blog has become one of those too.

Tee said...

Even though it's been ten years, you are missed when you're away for long stretches of time. Although, it seems many of us have reached this sort of plateau. I still have ideas and desire to write. It's just that by the time all the things that need doing are done, and I might write, it's bed time, and my brain is too tired to be creative. The weekends seem to be my only time to write, so I've become a once-a-week writer. I'm resisting letting it go any more than that and still hope that things will settle down enough to write more frequently again.

Wishing a happy birthday to Mrs. RC and hoping you have some great family time as you celebrate!

Abby said...

I understand wanting to get away from the PC during breaks. Still, you've been missed!

Happy "one of those" birthday to Mrs RC, I'm glad you're all doing something special. Sounds like fun!

I enjoy cycling on foggy days too. Wear lots of hot pink, you'll be fine.

ShadowRun300 said...

Well, welcome back! I for one cannot judge you, because I've been just as bad about writing. I like to let others do the work, and I sit back and be entertained.
Sounds like a wonderful day is planned for Mrs. RC's "one of those" birthdays. Please wish her a great one from me.
Finally, I love the line "Which explains why I'm poor but happy". Me too. Happiness isn't always about winning or making a lot of money. Happiness is playing the game and having fun and loving what you do. And if you happen to win, even better. :)

agg79 said...

Welcome back, Amigo. I totally get the break thing. Been there, done that, many times. Sometimes my muse leaves me high and dry as well and it seems like I wind up only writing on the weekends like Tee as well.

Happy Birthday Mrs RC! Hope you have a great time in London.

Good luck with the tournament this weekend and May the Force be with you.

Riot Kitty said...

Happy birthday to Mrs. RC! I totally want a day in London!

Shammickite said...

Uhoh.... it`s been A WHOLE MONTH.....

Unknown said...

RC. Attend to your blog right now!
It has been too long.

Shammickite said...

What?? No blog posts since February??? Bad bad zombie rock chef....