Thursday 14 January 2016

Circle of Life?

Wow, famous people seem to be dropping like flies this year.

Lemmy was not the greatest singer or musician, but her was the arch-type rocker...


David Bowie needs no introduction.  His massive range of styles means that there can be few people who do not like at least something of his, even if it is only The Laughing Gnome or his Christmas duet with Bing Crosby.


His songs were the background music to my teen years, and I saw him live in the 1980s during the Glass Spider tour, which was amazing.

And the today, we here about the death of Alan Rickman, one of the greatest actors ever, IMO.  From the bad guy in Die Hard to Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility to his wonderful role in Galaxy Quest, he always played the part to the full, tugging at heart strings with his subtle facial expressions.  Just watch this stuff from Galaxy Guest, a dumb spoof of Star Trek that he takes to another level.




A sad year so far!  Let's hope this is the end of it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you really have to bring up the Laughing Gnome? Why can't we all forget about the Laughing Gnome? I almost did.

And have you seen Alan Rickman in Rasputin? He was amazing in that.

Abby said...

Didn't really follow Lemmy, but David Bowie's and Alan Rickman's passings were surprises to me.
You saw David Bowie live - wow. He was also a soundtrack to my teens. He inspired our "Little China Girl" (pooch). And Alan Rickman *sigh*.
Yes, let's hope for a break now!

agg79 said...

Somewhere I heard that famous deaths comes threes. I hope that holds true as well. I am like Abby. Didn't follow Lemmy and Motörhead all that much but I was a big fan of both David and Alan. I always liked how Alan played the bad guy so well. To me, I am deeply saddened and shocked by their sudden passing. I am even more surprised that they both died of cancer when we didn't know they were ill. They will be sorely missed.

ShadowRun300 said...

It's always hard to hear about deaths of people we know, or seem to know, because of their impact on our lives.
At the same time that I've been hearing about these deaths, I'm hearing about the deaths of 3 young adults from our small county.
It's just all sad.

Riot Kitty said...

I was so sad about David Bowie, even though I never met him. Also sad about Alan Rickman. Come to think of it, I never listen to Motorhead, but any death from cancer is sad too.

Tee said...

Too much sadness lately. Personally, I believe they're moving on to a more peaceful and perfect existence. Still, it's hard to see them go from the only existence we know.

Shammickite said...

Two treasures lost, IMHO!